Learning at home!
We started off the term with the topic "Are Carrots Orange?" and the children have really enjoyed it so far! We have engaged the children to think about food they like, food they dislike and their experiences with food. They have done many activities about food such as:
1. Reading stories like Oliver's Vegetables, Handa's Surprise and Pass The Jam.
2. Recreating dishes modelled by our Teachers & Teaching Assistants like Bangladeshi food, fruit crunchies, and funny face sandwiches.
3. Learning about different international cuisines like Indian cuisine or Vietnamese cuisine.
4. Sounding out words and writing our favourite foods or foods from stories like The Hungry Caterpillar or creating food labels.
5. Number and counting games with food.