Learning at home
We started off the term with the topic "Are Carrots Orange?" and the children have really enjoyed it so far. We have encouraged them to think about food they like, food they dislike and their experiences with food. They have learnt about food through:
1. Reading stories like Oliver's Vegetables, Handa's Surprise and Pass The Jam.
2. Recreating dishes modelled by our teachers and teaching assistants like Bangladeshi food, fruit crunchies and funny face sandwiches.
3. Learning about different international cuisines like Indian cuisine or Vietnamese cuisine.
4. Writing about our favourite foods or foods from stories and creating food labels.
5. In phonics we have also been practising our phonic sounds, blending and segmenting.
6. In maths we have introduced the concept of zero and explored numbers to 5. We have also been practising our counting and recording our work.