We remembered all the people who have died or been injured fighting in wars. To reflect on this we made a poppy garden in our sand pit.
This week, we found out about the special festival Diwali. Seema celebrates this festival and she told the children the story of Rama and Sita. We painted diyas, the lights that help them find their way home. In the playground, we worked with our friends to make rangoli patterns; they spread happiness at Diwali.
We have been learning about birthdays...
- how old we are and when our birthday is
- recognising numerals and counting candles
- sharing our experiences and listening to others
- making friends and joining in with role play
- developing our fine motor skills by making birthday badges and cakes