The Infant & Junior Schools were very proud to recently be awarded an Established Award for Quality in Extended Services (QES). This award is for our extensive and innovative extended schools provision, working in partnership with our children, families and our community.
The awarding body Canterbury Christchurch University praised the following:
- Our extended schools provision is extensive and innovative. Working with outside agencies to really broaden the horizons of the children. The range on offer for all children is excellent.
- A wide range of clubs afterschool
- The conversion of the school keeper’s house to a community house, providing a broad and varied programme of activities for parents and the wider community. The provision is well used and evidence demonstrates great success.
- Use of local partners and resources greatly enhanced the above provision.
- Excellent practice around Parenting Support Work. The breadth of what is on offer to families is impressive and meets the diverse and varying needs of the community it serves.